If you need a copy of the time sheet, Go to the "information" link below, to download the time sheet.
1) Supervisor is: 'Carsten Gruettner or Mike Conklin'.
2) Employee number: Check your ARBITER "MY Account", <custom Fields> link to see if your PPD 4 digit number is there... otherwise leave it blank. when I see a blank, I will find it, and update your MY Account>custom field entry.
3) Period Ending can just be: 'SPRING 18"
4) Enter games in the order listed in Arbiter. IF you make a mistake and a game is out of order... don't sweat it, I will deal with it.. not a big deal. But, try ...to keep them in the same order as listed in Arbiter. If you are reporting more than 9 games, you enter 9 games on one time sheet (number of games is: 9), then start another time sheet... and the number of games is the amount on that next time sheet.
5) If you don't remember your partners, you can leave blank. again not a big deal. (NOTE) Click on the Arbiter game number... it usually will list all the refs on the game.
6) No Bonus for Fall games but in December look to sign up for the recertification clinic we have in Palatine....Usually scheduled the 2nd Sunday in February. If you have both a 2017 patch, and recertified for a 2018 patch, you can write "Recert" next to the number of games worked. You can get $5 bonus for SPRING 18 games (up to 10) worked for PPD, if you recertified.
7) Finally, if you accidentally put CLUB AR assignments from Elite (Rolling Meadows) or BASA (Barrington), on the PPD time sheet, I will cross them off for you.... not a big deal.
Leave the timesheet at the PPD office on Wood Street, OR...you can also drop into the silver drop box by the entrance of the Community Center.
Recertification clinics for 2019 are usually open for signing up in mid December of 2018, I will send an email to everyone with a heads up...for the ones that I will scheduled in Palatine for Mid February. Note...Clinics taken after August 2018 are good for the current year, and the next. Celtic will "POST" the dates of our local hosted clinics, sometime in December, which traditionally are scheduled to take place in February.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Palatine Celtic Soccer Club is responsible for coordinating all referees for the House recreational Program and the sideline Assistant Referees (AR) for all home games in the Celtic Travel Program. All referees are required to be Grade 8. As an affiliate of the Palatine Park District (PPD), our goal is to provide a quality referee program for our soccer programs and to support our community with job opportunities for youth and adult referees.
Referees under 16 must complete a work permit EACH year.
ALL Referees must now submit a background check permission form to the PPD, one time.
In an effort to maintain the highest quality referee program, we require that all House referees must be Grade 8 certified at least once by the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF). Our Celtic Travel AR program requires that the referee must have a "current" Grade 8 certification and not have allowed it to lapse.
Once Grade 8 certified, all Celtic referees are ALSO required to become a PPD employee in order to be paid and covered under the PPD risk management program. New employee "ENROLLMENT" packets are available at the PPD offices at 250 E. Wood St, Palatine, IL 60067. These packets need to be completed before referees are allowed to ref for pay, any Celtic Club recreation or travel AR assignments. Make sure to ask for the "ENROLLMENT" packet.
The Celtic referee program uses, “The Arbiter”, an assigning system that provides an easy to use email and web system to schedule and accept all referee assignments. This tool also sends out reminders 72 hours prior to assignments.
Once you have attended the Spring (or) Fall local youth referee meeting, you will receive an invitation to join the Arbiter "Palatine Area Assigning" referee community/group.
After accepting and completing your house assignments, you are required to turn in your games on the PPD Soccer Referee Timesheet. (see links below) Your payment is determined by the age group and position of your assignment. The current payment schedule provides you with an overview of the rates for your assignments for House and Travel AR (See "Referee Information" link below).
For questions or more information, please contact Celtic Soccer Club referee director: Carsten Gruettner or Michael Conklin.